Photographer

My photo
Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
I am happiest when I am out with my camera. Always looking for the bright side. Usually I find it! Please contact me via comment if you wish to use any of my photography. Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Icicles.



This is the underside of our back steps. The gutters and drainpipes must be frozen. As the snow on the roof starts to melt it is running over the top of the gutters. We have a trim of icicles all along the gutters. And when they drip at midday they wet the back steps, which now are a solid block of ice. No going up or down them! The view from below the stairs is incredible. So many icicles, they remind me of stalagtites in caves.

7 comments:

Annie said...

Yikes, don't stand under those gutters or below the stairs.

Beautiful to see your winter wonderland.

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

Could use some nice warm weather to get rid of all this cold stuff.
Went out today and took pics of a frozen cliffside, all icicles, I think water must come from a spring in the hillside. I am going to post this on my blog

Libbys Blog said...

They are stunning. How beautiful and dangerous!! Lovely photo!

Send some of the cold weather over to us! It has been so mild here we have lots of horrible virus's and bugs going around now!! yuk!!

blueboat said...

Gorgeous photo - are people ever injured by falling icicles?

Curly said...

Great picture Susan, wish we had some real winter weather here, so far just winds and rain!

Curly's Photoshop

Gerald (SK14) said...

Hyde DP's post of Jan 19th has links to several European DPs reporting on the storm that affected us.

Today is bitterly cold but nothing like the temperatures you reguarly endure.

I remember icicles from my youth but we don't see too many these days.

miss tango said...

Looks like something out of the Chronicles of Narnia.