Photographer

My photo
Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
I am happiest when I am out with my camera. Always looking for the bright side. Usually I find it! Please contact me via comment if you wish to use any of my photography. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Sunday Morning Church


This is St John the Divine Anglican Church. The oldest church in the area. Outside, it looks like a humble little chapel with wooden siding. Painted white, it is clean and neat. Well tended and looks cared for.
The inside is its real glory. Highly polished dark wood, intricately carved archways and sashes. From out side you can hardly notice the stained glass windows, which seen inside, take your breath away.

6 comments:

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

Did you get a picture of the inside? I love old churches!

Anonymous said...

divine glow, nice touch!

Kala said...

a wonderful sunday post - that cross seems to glow in the photo! Very interesting

Kate said...

I noted the three inverted "v's" immediately--very nice!

alice said...

I'm coming back tomorrow of course!

Smalltown RN said...

I looked at all of your pictures, wonderful. I grew up on the mainland only came to the Island 2 years ago, so I am very familar with a lot of the places you photograph...and you photograph them well! I know the feeling about feeling like you are almost home when you see the Golden ears. My niece lives in Maple Ridge and I have many friends who live there as well. Nice community.

Thanks for dropping by my blog the other day.