Photographer

My photo
Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
I am happiest when I am out with my camera. Always looking for the bright side. Usually I find it! Please contact me via comment if you wish to use any of my photography. Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Maple Bloom


The maple trees which line most of our downtown core, are full of blooms. The blossoms are so big this year, due to the delay in our spring arrival. Those little buds kept under wraps for so long, were busy growing within their cocoons. The leaves that in a few weeks will be as large as dinner plates, are currently as tiny as a small butterflies wings. Seen here at night by the streetlight's glare. Soon everything will be covered in yellow dust as the pollen blows from the trees.

7 comments:

Annie said...

I don't envy you with all the pollen but I do envy the pleasure you will take in the bursting out of Spring. Ours has pretty much burst (and our pollen count is down, finally).

Dina said...

OHH all that pollen makes me sneeze, itchy eyes, blocked nose heavy head mmmm... what else?! On top of that all I must say I love this time of the year.

Steve Cuddihy said...

When I first tuned on the Canucks vs Dallas game last night, it was 1-0 with the Stars winning. I was worried the losing streak on the 7th game was going to continue for the Nucks. Thankfully it did not.

Congrats on your team surviving to face the Ducks. That will be a challenge for any team this year.

Janet said...

Thank goodness, the worst of our pollen season is over. I can't imagine such huge maple leafs! That must be magnificent!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I love night-time downtown photos! Makes me feel like I'm there. :)

Anonymous said...

Maple tree leaves as large as "dinner plates?" I thought I knew everything. I never did see a maple tree with leaves that large. And I never saw a maple tree with blossoms. I would love to know the proper name. Thanks.

Abraham Lincoln

lv2scpbk said...

Like the night time lights.