Photographer

My photo
Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
I am happiest when I am out with my camera. Always looking for the bright side. Usually I find it! Please contact me via comment if you wish to use any of my photography. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

CP


A Canadian Pacific train. refered to as CP.
The tracks run right along the river. We have to cross the tracks to get to the wharf shown in the previous two posts. I stood safely at the crossing gate to take this. Still, it is very frightening to stand this close to a fast moving train as it thunders past blowing its whistle.

9 comments:

Ben Nakagawa said...

It's a very powerful image. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful red, would have been a winner on last theme day!
Great pic, I love your previous photos on tracks and bolts.

Anonymous said...

I like trains but prefer the steam engines over the diesel electric. I like the steam whistles better than the diesel horns.

Abraham Lincoln
The four hour flower

Unknown said...

That whistle was meant for you, maybe you were too close. What a powerful loc this is.

Susan said...

Herman,
It is regulation in Maple Ridge for trains to blow the horn at level crossings.
I wasnt too close. But perhaps the engineer thought I was cute! lol!!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I like that plow on the front.

Lavenderlady said...

Nice lighting on your train!

Unknown said...

That I have not thought to that! Yes you are. :-)

Anonymous said...

This is a picture of awesome power Susan, the mammoth engine with that massive snow plough on the front. It has some poise and statement.

South Shields Daily Photo