Photographer

My photo
Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
I am happiest when I am out with my camera. Always looking for the bright side. Usually I find it! Please contact me via comment if you wish to use any of my photography. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Bethlehem?

For years, Delores, a Volunteer at the hospital, has been setting up this Dickinson village and Manger scene. She spends hours on end for several days getting everything into place. There is a tiny frozen pond with skaters, a swing set and a church, a Post Office and a Schoolhouse. The cotton baton snow sprinkled with just enough gliter to make you believe it is snow. There are lights running through all the buildings so each one actually looks occupied. The manger is the focal point, and though it is a little larger scale and not very Dickinsionyish at all. It all blends together for a nice Christmasy effect. Thanks Delores!!!! And thanks to Ridge Meadows Hospital for allowing this symbol of Christ's birth to be erected in the lobby of the Extended Care Unit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Children can spend a long time in front of this lovely village!