Photographer

My photo
Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
I am happiest when I am out with my camera. Always looking for the bright side. Usually I find it! Please contact me via comment if you wish to use any of my photography. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Good Light


The lamp standards in our downtown core meet with the high standards of my Dad who's pet peeve is lights that cause far too much unnecessary light in the atmosphere, thereby reducing the viewing capacity of amature star gazers such as himself. Maple Ridge lights have the hoods over them which direct the light downwards, and prevent most escaping light rays from polluting the skies.

4 comments:

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

Preventing light polution has another benifit in that the new light fittings light the ground beter than the old lamps and use less power to do so.
Have a look at the lighting when you cross Pitt River bridge, it is all what is known as Full Cutoff Device. Washington State Highways Dept. Have converted every roadside light across the State. I need to put a picture on my blog

Olivier said...

"Noël est là,
Ce joyeux Noël, des cadeaux plein les bras,
Qui réchauffe nos coeurs et apporte la joie,
Jour des plus beaux souvenirs,
Plus beau jour de l'année."
Washington Irving

JOYEUX NOEL D'EVRY


“Christmas is there,
This Merry Christmas, gifts full arms,
Who heats our hearts and brings the joy,
Day of the most beautiful memories,
More beautiful day of the year."
Washington Irving

MERRY CHRISTMAS OF EVRY

Gerald (SK14) said...

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours from Hyde.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas from Albuquerque Daily Photo!