Photographer

My photo
Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
I am happiest when I am out with my camera. Always looking for the bright side. Usually I find it! Please contact me via comment if you wish to use any of my photography. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, January 7, 2007

Kayaks


One day last week we had one crystal clear blue day. A perfect day for photographs. Sadly, I had to sleep through it as I had worked night shift. This picture is from my archives.
We have a wonderful dike system in this area. Much of the low lying ground was entirely swampland before the dikes were built by early Dutch settlers.
Now we get to enjoy a relatively flood free place. We still can be washed out occasionally when the rains are particularly bad. The sloughs that idle alongside the dikes are wonderful safe water ways for canoes and kayaks.

No comments: