Photographer

My photo
Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
I am happiest when I am out with my camera. Always looking for the bright side. Usually I find it! Please contact me via comment if you wish to use any of my photography. Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Yet More Snow!!


As I worked through the night, I kept glancing out the window. I watched as the snow began to accumulate outside. We have had such a strange winter with hurricane winds and numerous snow falls. This is very unusual weather for us on the West Coast. Some winters, we barely get the occasional frost. When I got home, I shoveled the path and front steps, then, I took these photos. This is our back yard. The photo of the snowy maple tree posted a couple of days ago, is in my front yard. We are fortunate to be surrounded by trees. Now I see the snow is coming down fast and hard again.
I need to get to bed for a few hours sleep soon, so this is short.
Notice in this photo, that the canoes are snowed on too. They are protected from most of the weather by the huge weeping Maple.

5 comments:

Snowbabies said...

Love this picture, it's beautiful :-) We've yet to see any snow at all so far this winter, it's been strangely mild over here in the UK.

Paul & Debbie

Karen said...

Such a stunning photo!! YAY for snow! Stay safe and warm. *HUGS*

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

No Snow here in Oliver, BC
But it is cold and our driveway is solid ice from previous snow that has been driven over. The snow normaly last 2 or 3 days but has been here for weeks

Anonymous said...

I worked late last night but not all the way through. It is a busy time of year. What I like most about today's photo is the snow on the canoes.

Annie said...

It is wild, isn't it, this winter weather. El Nino strikes!